I'm missing you ladies! Spring is a busy season for us women. There are college graduations, high school graduations, playoff games, mission trips, summer jobs, yards, and homes to prepare. There are plans to make, people to take care of, spring cleaning, and so much more. The rhythms of life are changing for women whether we are single, married, have families to share the load with, or are doing it all on our own. I understand why we did not plan an event to kick off summer, but I'm regretting that decision. I enjoy our camaraderie and the encouragement you all bring.
Women's Ministry is busy preparing for next school year. We are hoping to have four to five large Connection nights and a one-day retreat at Foothills next year. We are dreaming and praying about Bible studies and ways to open the Word together so that we may know Him.
We can now all stay in touch through our women's Facebook page and Instagram. Be sure and click here to add yourself to the group.
As we adjust to new rhythms in our lives these next few months, I can't help but go back to Stacey's recent blog post about waiting. I know teachers like to occasionally use repetition to help us learn, so please focus again on Stacey's main points with a few modifications.
• Lean In: God so jealously wants to spend time with us. The lists and distractions tug at us and can easily draw us away from Him. Setting aside time each day to spend time in the Bible helps keep us rooted in Him.
• Pray: Pray to know Him more. Ask Him to help you prioritize those busy days.
• Stay Involved: We need one another.
Some ideas to stay involved:
• iServe is coming up. It's a great time to " be good for nothing," serve our community, and build relationships with fellow Footies.
• High Power Sports Camp for kids is an opportunity to serve and make life long friends. (email children's minister Judy Buss to get involved).
• Facebook: Use it to make a connection.
Lastly, it's a joy to serve in Women's Ministry because of all of you. I am filled with joy when I get to be a part of your smiles and enthusiasm, or when I see women sharing with, serving, and caring for one another. I love being at Foothills with all of you. May we continue to place our trust in Him and give thanks!
The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. (Psalm 28:7)
Women's Ministry Director